A Statement for UCSB

I make medium-large to small projects, which often find themselves on the public stage. I am most excited when the audience is engaged in a since of enjoyment and play and physical interaction. My commentary leans toward the hope of a more fun life. It is very important my work feel accessible by large and small audiences, who often if not always have little to no previous explanation of the work. I create objects and events of straightforward engagement, in the hands or in the way, fine art in the everyday world, each gesture feeling native and yet supernatural. A small creative addition to someone’s regular routine. The idea of what is possible should be an ever expanding and progressing notion, it falls to people like the artists to push for these moments to be unearthed, re-framed, and placed in line for public attention.

Comments

Popular Posts