Observation

I am a trained observer. Art school teaches the artist how to observe everything and then attempt to comment. I think I am having a very big problem with this.
So this is the formula, observe, take data and internalize, process it, make connections assumptions, judgements, evaluations, then output this determination in some creative outlet. Observe-process-output and boom you have art. But of course my struggle with this system is the enevatable synicism that comes form constantly trying to interpret every damn thing in the universe. I find myself standing at the laundromat writing narratives for  my fellow folders. I analyze the surface I am folding on, the machines humming, the out of order signs. It feels like I am constantly in this video game looking for some hidden gold key which will unlock some true meaning buried in the everyday.

Comments

Popular Posts